An arrest warrant has been issued for a man who harassed and assaulted a lesbian couple and cold-cocked another man at a Seattle Seahawks football game last month — a disturbing assault that was caught on video.

Footage of the Dec. 30 attack at Seattle’s CenturyLink Field shows Jay Dee Harp III, 34, of Tacoma, Washington, emerge from a scrum of fans in the stands — clad in a Patrick Peterson Cardinals jersey — before sizing up another man and punching him to the ground as a woman shrieks behind them. Another fan then immediately takes Harp down to the ground by his neck, video shows.

Prosecutors in King County allege that Harp earlier harassed two women in the stands during the game due to their sexual orientation. He allegedly groped one woman and punched the other in her face.

Harp was charged last week with second-degree assault and malicious harassment, which is the state’s hate crime law. He was released from custody after posting bail the day after his arrest, but a judge increased his bail from $25,000 to $100,000 and issued a warrant for his arrest, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports.

Authorities told the newspaper that two married women sitting in section 118 during the Seahawks game against the Arizona Cardinals reported that a man in their row who was drinking heavily made several harassing remarks to them during the game, including, “Do you need a man in your life?”

The man also referred to his genitals and made anti-gay comments, the women told police.

The man, later identified as Harp, was “highly intoxicated” at the time, according to the King County Sheriff’s Office — and returned to his seat after getting a beer in the third quarter and grabbed one of the women’s breasts after unzipping her jacket.

Police said the woman pushed Harp away, prompting him to dump his beer in her face. The woman’s partner then told Harp not to “put hands on my wife,” court records show.

see also

Man allegedly assaulted lesbian couple at Seahawks game

SEATTLE — A 34-year-old Tacoma man has been accused of…

Harp was then taken to the ground before regaining his composure and punching the other woman in the face once back on his feet, leaving her with injuries to her nose and a chipped tooth, according to court documents.

A state trooper responded to the section, where he found another fan already trying to subdue Harp. Harp allegedly punched another state trooper who joined in the melee to take him into custody. Officers needed to employ a Taser to ultimately handcuff him.

A judge increased Harp’s bail Thursday after additional details of the allegations were released, the Post-Intelligencer reports.

Anyone with information about Harp’s whereabouts is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Puget Sound at (800) 222-8477. A reward of up to $1,000 is being offered for information leading to his arrest, KCPQ reports.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *