New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) recently held night 4 of their G1 Climax 28 Event which emanated from Tokyo’s legendary Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan. The show was highlighted by IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kenny Omega taking on NEVER Openweight Champion Hirooki Goto in the main event. Below are the results from the show:
– Chaos (“Switchblade” Jay White & YOH) def. Michael Elgin & Ren Narita.
– Suzuki-gun (El Desperado & Minoru Suzuki) def. Chaos (SHO & YOSHI-HASHI). After the match, Suzuki cut a promo. He’s facing YOSHI-HASHI soon.
– Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI & EVIL) def. Toa Henare & Togi Makabe by submission with Banshee Muzzle from EVIL on Henare. After the match, Makabe jumped EVIL as the two had to be separated.
– Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale & Tanga Loa) def. David Finlay & Hiroshi Tanahashi by pinfall with Apeshit from Loa on Finlay.
– Bullet Club (Chase Owens & Hangman Page) def. Chaos (Gedo & Kazuchika Okada) by pinfall with a package piledriver from Owens on Gedo.
Tournament Matches (B Block):
– SANADA def. Tama Tonga by pinfall with a bridging O’Connor roll.
– Zack Sabre Jr. def. Toru Yano by pinfall with the European Clutch.
– Kota Ibushi def. Juice Robinson by pinfall with Kamigoye.
– Tetsuya Naito def. Tomohiro Ishii by pinfall with Destino.
– IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kenny Omega def. NEVER Openweight Champion Hirooki Goto by pinfall with One-Winged Angel. After the match, Omega cut a promo in Japanese, putting over The B Block. He made sure to point out that they weren’t the champion and he is.