KERRY AND CORK HAVE named the starting teams for their respective EirGrid U21 semi-finals on Wednesday night.
Kerry, the favourites to go all the way in Munster and the All-Ireland series, weren’t entirely convincing in their 1-17 to 2-8 win over Clare in the last eight.
Kingdom boss Jack O’Connor has named an unchanged side to take on Waterford in Fraher Field, Dungarvan. Brian Sugrue captains Kerry, who are without the club-tied Dr Crokes contingent of Gavin White, Micheál Burns and Jordan Kiely.
The Kingdom side is filled with a host of All-Ireland winning minor sides, although senior defender Brian Ó Beaglaoich missed out the last day through injury and hasn’t recovered in time to start.
Killian Spillane, who kicked 0-3 from play in an impressive 26-minute cameo off the bench against the Banner, is a substitute once again.
Meanwhile, Cork have also named the team to face Limerick on the opposite side of the provincial draw.
Seven players who featured in last year’s All-Ireland final defeat to Mayo at this level start against the Shannonsiders, with a further three on the bench.
John Mullins, Cian Kiely, Kevin Flahive, Sean O’Leary, Brian Coakley, Sean Powter and Stephen Sherlock all start, with Eoin Lavers, Sean O’ Donoghue and Michael Hurley held in reserve.
Kerry (vs Waterford)
1. Shane Ryan (Rathmore)
2. Tom (Leo) O’Sullivan (Dingle)
3. Jason Foley (Ballydonoghue)
4. Tom O’Sullivan (Dingle)
5. Brian Sugrue (Renard)
6. Andrew Barry (Na Gaeil)
7. Daniel O’Brien (Glenflesk)
8. Barry O’Sullivan (Dingle)
9. Brian Ó Seanacháin (Ballydonoghue)
10. Brandon Barrett (Ardfert)
11. Sean O’Shea (Kenmare)
12. Matthew Flaherty (Dingle)
13. Conor Geaney (Dingle)
14. Matthew O’Sullivan (St Michael’s-Foilmore)
15. Cathal Bambury (Dingle)
16. Eoghan O’Brien (Churchill)
17. Killian Spillane (Templenoe)
18. Cormac Coffey (Kerins O’Rahillys)
19. Ivan Parker (Churchill)
20. Jack Morgan (Austin Stacks)
21. Roibeard Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht)
22. Lee O’Donoghue (Glenflesk)
23. John Mark Foley (Kilgarvan)
24. Graham O’Sullivan (Dromid Pearses)
Cork (vs Limerick)
1. Ross Donovan (Nemo Rangers)
2. Sean Daly (Dohenys)
3. John Mullins (Eire Óg)
4. Sean Wilson (Douglas)
5. Jerry O’ Riordan (Carbery Rangers)
6. Aidan Browne (Newmarket)
7. Cian Kiely (Ballincollig)
8. Kevin Flahive (Douglas)
9. Sean O’ Leary (Bantry Blues)
10. Brian Coakley (Carrigaline)
11. Sean Powter (Douglas)
12. Daniel Meaney (St Michaels)
13. Gary Murphy (Castletownbere)
14. Michael Dineen (Naomh Aban)
15. Stephen Sherlock (St Finbarrs)
16. Chris Kelly (Eire Óg)
17. Kevin O’ Donovan (Nemo Rangers)
18. Eoin Lavers (Dohenys)
19. Liam O’ Donovan (Clonakilty)
20. Sean O’ Donoghue (Inniscarra)
21. Michael Hurley (Castlehaven)
22. Sean O’ Donovan (Ilen Rovers)
23. Tim Foley (Bantry Blues)
24. Mark Buckley (Dohenys)
The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!
Click Here: custom rapid prototyping