Bellator MMA fighter Tito Ortiz says he’ll be returning to TNA Impact Wrestling soon, either in August or September. During an interview with CagesideSeats.com at Wednesday’s Bellator media day in New York City, Ortiz said:
“I’m actually returning August or September. I’ll be coming back to TNA and doing some stuff. It’s in the works with Dixie. She reached out to me and I’m a big wrestling fan. I’ve been a wrestling fan since Junkyard Dog! We have some ideas.”
Ortiz, who has made multiple appearances for TNA over the years, returned to the company last August as the man behind TNA’s cryptic #August1Warning viral campaign. He went on to have a wrestling angle with fellow MMA star “Rampage” Jackson to hype their fight at the Bellator 106 pay-per-view, which was ultimately canceled due to Ortiz suffering a neck injury while training.
TNA made mainstream headlines earlier this week when TMZ.com broke the news that their flagship television show Impact Wrestling was being dropped by Spike TV. Since then, both TNA and Spike have said they are still “in negotiations” – and Tito gave his thought’s on Impact’s future on Spike:
“I think Spike TV needs pro wrestling on there. I know they have a big fan base. Maybe it’s all just negotiations, back-and-forth with money. It’s a business and I understand that, so we’ll see what happens.”
* 2 UFC Fighters Fail Drug Tests, Huge UFC Fights Announced For This Year & Early 2015