Munster’s Conor Murray addresses a press conference in Limerick.
Source: Tommy Dickson/INPHO
- Conor Murray insists that Munster followed all the necessary protocols after he sustained a neck injury in a Champions Cup game at the weekend.
- Connacht hero John Muldoon has signed a new contract with the province that will see him stay on for a 15th season.
- Robbie Keane has been linked with a move to the Championship in England.
- Irish Olympian Adam Nolan has announced his retirement from boxing with a view to enjoying a few years of playing hurling.
- Dr Eanna Falvey has been appointed the head of the Lions medical team for their upcoming tour of New Zealand.
- Mayo’s Cora Staunton has yet to make a decision on her inter-county future but management are hopeful that she will be back for a 23rd season.
Xabi Alonso in action for Bayern Munich.
Source: Matthias Schrader
- Nick Kyrgios was booed off court as he crashed out of the Australian Open in the second round today.
- Double European champion Xabi Alonso is set to retire at the end of the season when his Bayern Munich contract expires.
- Reading have signed defender Tiago Ilori from Liverpool for a reported fee of £3.75 million.
- Lionel Messi’s representatives claim quotes attributed to him regarding his future at Barcelona are false.
- Toulouse centre Yann David has been named in the France 32-man training squad for the Six Nations, eight years after his last call-up.
The Best Thing We Shared
Conor McGregor has really put himself out there in the latest episode of his acting career.
On The Record
Mick McCarthy is under pressure at Ipswich Town.
Source: Dan Sheridan/INPHO
Mick McCarthy says he will accept whatever decision Ipswich Town make on his future at the club.
If the club want to sack me, so be it, and if the fans are that sick of me then that makes life difficult for me at every game. When we win it’s OK, and when we lose it’s ‘I’m getting sacked in the morning’.
Where We Were Today
Michael Murphy swaps the GAA ball for the rugby ball in AIB’s The Toughest Trade.
Source: Donall Farmer/INPHO
Fintan O’Toole spoke to Michael Murphy at the launch of the Toughest Trade while Ryan Bailey caught up with Cork’s Ashling Thompson at Red Bull’s headquarters.
The Fixture List
- In GAA, Wexford face Dublin in the Walsh Cup. Throw-in at the Shelmaliers GAA grounds is at 7.30pm. Meanwhile, IT Sligo take on NUIG in the Connacht Centre of Excellence at 7pm.
- The Africa Cup of Nations continues tomorrow, with Algeria v Tunisia and Senegal v Zimbabwe.
- The Australian Open also continues tomorrow.
of the team
Access exclusive podcasts, interviews and analysis with a monthly or annual membership.
Become a Member
Click Here: cheap nsw blues jersey
Siena coach Jimmy Patsos shaking hands with the air after getting snubbed.
The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!