Pat Hickey is on his way home to Ireland.
Source: James Crombie/INPHO
- Former Tyrone footballer Brian McGuigan has called time on his club career with a view to pursuing management.
- Former OCI President Pat Hickey is now on his way home to Ireland from Brazil.
- Ulster football and hurling champions Slaughtneil, are appealing to the GAA for measures to be taken on the fixture schedule ahead of the All-Ireland club semi-finals next year.
- Irish track cyclist Caroline Ryan, has announced her retirement.
- Former Dublin footballer Dessie Farrell says that stepping down from the GPA does not mean he has any immediate desire to enter senior inter-county management.
Tiger Woods in action at the Hero World Challenge golf tournament.
Source: Lynne Sladky
- Tiger Woods has signed a multi-year deal with Bridgestone Golf to play and promote their golf balls.
- Cristiano Ronaldo achieved a milestone feat with his 500th career goal in the Club World Cup semi-final.
- Former Manchester United player Rio Ferdinand has made a donation of £500,000 worth of toys to charity as well as a donation of 11,500 sleeping bags to the homeless community in Manchester.
- Northampton Saints director of rugby Jim Mallinder says that Dylan Hartley has let the club down after he received a six-week ban for striking Leinster’s Sean O’Brien.
- Luis Suarez has signed a new contract with Barcelona which contains a €200 million release clause.
The Best Thing We Shared
This montage of Diarmuid Connolly’s score-taking is well worth a look.
On The Record
Chris Fields of SBG Gym.
Source: Gary Carr/INPHO
Chris Fields of Straight Blast Gym is predicting a victory tomorrow night in a light-heavyweight title bout at BAMMA 27 in the 3Arena.
I feel the pressure is off. I’m just enjoying training and improving my skills. I feel like my game has kicked on massively. These are all clichés but the people around me have been saying it to me. I think I’m just happy. And a happy fighter is a dangerous fighter. It’s going to be such a special night because I’m going to be Ireland’s first ever BAMMA champion. That’s huge.”
Where We Were Today
The Aviva Stadium.
Source: Colm O’Neill/INPHO
Ben Blake attended the FAI Brand Review event at the Aviva Stadium.
The Fixture List
Source: Gary Carr/INPHO
Ireland will have some representatives fighting at Bellator 169/BAMMA 27 tomorrow night, including SBG’s Sinead Kavanagh, Dylan Tuke and Chris Fields.
Former Cork hurling boss Dónal O’Grady explores the origins of the red jersey in Cork GAA in this new TG4 documentary which will be aired on St Stephen’s day.
The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!
Click Here: Brazil soccer tracksuit