Cronan Mac an Bhaird of Colaiste Na Coiribe in action against St Vincent’s Castleknock’s Roland-Onuoha and Ulo Eruma Gborie in today’s U16C Boys Subway All Ireland Schools Cup final.
Source: Gary Carr/INPHO
- Ireland head coach Joe Schmidt has named three uncapped players — Andrew Conway, Niall Scannell and Rory Scannell — in his 40-man squad to prepare for the upcoming Six Nations.
- Kerry defender Aidan O’Mahony has retired from inter-county football at the age of 36, having won five All-Irelands, three National Leagues and two All-Star awards.
- Clare‘s Munster Hurling League tie against Cork in Sixmilebridge will go ahead as planned on Wednesday despite the Banner’s concerns over player availability.
- Leinster will play their Champions Cup quarter-final against Wasps at the Aviva Stadium, the province have confirmed.
- Munster boss Rassie Erasmus has dismissed speculation linking him with a return to his native South Africa to coach the Springboks.
- Barnsley’s beloved Irish midfielder Conor Hourihane has admitted that the interest of Aston Villa has caught his eye.
- Limerick have continued their recruitment drive ahead of the new season with the addition of French midfielder Bastien Héry.
Runners take the bend in the Betway Handicap at Wolverhampton Racecourse.
Source: David Davies
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been charged with misconduct by the English Football Association following his confrontation with the fourth official during Sunday’s Premier League game against Burnley.
- Liverpool target Christian Pulisic has penned a three-and-a-half-year deal with Borussia Dortmund, quelling rumours that he is on his way to Merseyside.
- Angry Togo fans have attacked the home of international goalkeeper Kossi Agassa following his performance in a 3-1 defeat to Morocco at the Africa Cup of Nations.
- Gary Cahill and John Terry have visited Hull’s Ryan Mason in hospital after the midfielder suffered a fractured skull in Sunday’s Premier League game between the sides. Mason is reportedly “stable” after undergoing surgery.
- Canada’s Milos Raonic, the top remaining seed in the men’s draw at the Australian Open, will face Rafael Nadal in the next round.
- British double Olympic champion Nicola Adams is following Ireland’s Katie Taylor into the pro boxing ranks.
The Best Thing We Shared
Now this is how you respond to missing a penalty.
Where We Were Today
Kevin O’Brien was in Croke Park this afternoon, where Dublin’s Jonny Cooper and Kerry’s Donnchadh Walsh were speaking at the launch of the Allianz Football Leagues.
Click Here: vans shop
Source: Donall Farmer/INPHO
On The Record
The first focus was on our defensive mentality to keep them out, but the other thing was to try and get our opportunity for three points. It didn’t happen for us that time in their 22, but I don’t think we panicked.
A disappointed Tiernan O’Halloran tries to piece together the last few minutes of Connacht’s agonising defeat to Toulouse which ended the province’s 2017 Champions Cup campaign.
The Fixture List
- There are two games in the English Championship and there is Irish interest in both fixtures — Brighton v Cardiff (19.45) and Reading v Fulham (20.00).
- Group B concludes in the Africa Cup of Nations with Senegal v Algeria and Zimbabwe v Tunisia (both 19.00).
- The Fitzgibbon Cup is back and there are seven games tomorrow — Group A: Mary Immaculate College Limerick v GMIT, MICL Grounds, 2pm; IT Carlow v Dublin IT, IT Carlow, 7pm. Group B: UL v Cork IT, UL Grounds, 2pm. Group C: Limerick IT v Trinity College, Limerick IT, 2pm; DCU v Waterford IT, DCU Sportsgrounds, 7pm. Group D: UCC v Ulster University, Mardyke, 2pm; UCD v Maynooth University, 7pm.
- The Australian Open has reached the quarter-final stage in the men’s and women’s draws. Action gets under way in the early hours of the morning with Stan Wawrinka, Roger Federer, Venus Williams and Garbine Muguruza among the stars in action in Melbourne.
A teary Barry McGuigan, a victorious Carl Frampton and even Rory McIlroy makes an appearance in this montage from the Belfast boxer’s victory against Leo Santa Cruz last July, and that was just the first fight. Bring on round two this weekend.
Source: Daily Goal/YouTube
The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!