Simon Zebo at today’s Ireland Rugby Press Conference.
Source: Billy Stickland/INPHO
- Jonathan Sexton will wear Ireland’s number 10 jersey for the first time since the November defeat to New Zealand when France are the visitors for Saturday’s crucial Six Nations clash.
- Ireland head coach Tom Tierney has made wholesale changes to the Ireland team set to face France in their Women’s Six Nations clash at Donnybrook Stadium on Sunday.
- Ireland hockey captain David Harte wins world Goalkeeper of the Year award for the second year running.
- Connacht backs coach Conor McPhillips will leave at the end of this season to link up with Pat Lam at Bristol.
- Joey Carbery will start his first game at fullback for Leinster tomorrow, with the starting XV for tomorrow’s Pro12 clash against Dragons named today.
- Munster Director of Rugby Rassie Erasmus has made five changes to his team for tomorrow night’s Pro12 meeting with Scarlets
- 2015 champions UCC today stole the Collingwood Cup from holders UCD, as they beat them 2-1 following a 94th minute winner.
UCC were crowned Collingwood Cup champions earlier.
Source: Ryan Byrne/INPHO
- France have made three changes to the side that beat Scotland last time out as they get set to take on Ireland in the RBS 6 Nations at the Aviva Stadium on Saturday.
- Competitive Fifa 17 matches are set to be broadcast live on BT Sport in April and May for the first time.
- Wayne Rooney insists he is not leaving Manchester United despite increased speculation linking him with a lucrative move to the Chinese Super League.
The Best Thing We Shared
Stephanie Roche gave us a good laugh with this tweet.
Where We Were Today
Sean Farrell and Murray Kinsella were at the Ireland camp in Carton House, Emma Duffy was at a media event in Croke Park ahead of the camogie club All-Ireland finals, and Ryan Bailey was at the Ireland women’s rugby press conference.
On The Record
Joe Schmidt was asked about Paddy Jackson’s reaction to the news that Jonathan Sexton was starting ahead of him:
He took it with a smile and said: ‘I’ll be ready when you need me off the bench”
Jackson and Sexton at training earlier today.
Source: Dan Sheridan/INPHO
“Based on how things have gone in the past, we’ll probably see both players in some positions at some stage in the game.We know it’s going to be physical. it doesn’t matter who you play, it’s going to be physical.”
of the team
Access exclusive podcasts, interviews and analysis with a monthly or annual membership.
Become a Member
The Fixture List
The League of Ireland returns tomorrow night, with Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers among the fixtures. There’s no shortage of rugby as Ireland U20s continue their Six Nations campaign as they host France, while the Pro12 returns with Munster v Scarlets and Newport v Leinster.
The League of Ireland returns tomorrow night.
Source: Donall Farmer/INPHO
The Fitzgibbon Cup semi-finals are another two matches to keep an eye on and BAMMA/Bellator also takes place in Belfast.
Click Here: cheap nike shoes
This is special.
The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!