Bundee Aki returned to training today, having been been sidelined due to injury since December.
Source: James Crombie/INPHO
- The Club Players Association have again hit out against the new GAA ‘Super 8′ proposals to revamp the All-Ireland senior football championship.
- The Ireland U20 team has been named for Friday night’s Six Nations clash with France, with Ulster winger Rob Lyttle featuring.
- Clare All-Star winning midfielder Shane Ryan will miss the 2017 hurling season due to injury.
- Mayo and Wesport’s Kevin Keane also sees his season end due to the knee injury he picked up in his club’s All-Ireland Intermediate football final win.
- Munster centre Francis Saili has been cleared of any wrongdoing by a disciplinary panel after being cited for an alleged illegal high tackle in the win at Ospreys last weekend.
- Tomorrow’s Collingwood Cup final has been decided, with the 2015 champions UCC and current holders UCD going head-to-head.
- Former Ireland underage international Derek Daly has returned from England to join Waterford FC.
Source: Martin Rickett
- A Chinese Super League club have confirmed they held talks over a move for Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney.
- A Vietnamese goalkeeper has been banned for two years for leading a mannequin-style protest when his team stood still and let in three late goals to complain about a disputed penalty.
- Wales will welcome back George North for their Six Nations match against Scotland at Murrayfield.
- Liverpool have today announced plans for a proposed redevelopment of the club’s academy site in Kirkby.
- Former Celtic boss Tony Mowbray has been named as Owen Coyle’s replacement at Blackburn Rovers.
- Georgia have confirmed that they are determined to pursue inclusion in a high-level competition such as the Pro12 or Super Rugby.
- Adam Lallana has committed his long-term future to the club.
The Best Thing We Shared
Saudi Arabian goalkeeper Ahmed Alsarrif lined out for RCSI in last weekend’s Independent.ie Corn na MacLeinn final.
Where We Were Today
Murray Kinsella caught up with Ian Madigan.
On The Record
Eddie O’Sullivan on Ian Madigan.
Source: Billy Stickland/INPHO
I think he’s a fantastic player. I think he’s world-class. and he’s had a tough road. He came through Leinster and was up against Johnny Sexton, I think he had to move out of Leinster. The problem with a move to France is that it’s not just as simple as getting on a plane and going to France and kicking on. It’s a different environment. Had he gone to a club with a non-French coach, it might be a bit more structured like in England, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia.
of the team
Access exclusive podcasts, interviews and analysis with a monthly or annual membership.
Click Here: spain rugby shirts
Become a Member
The Fixture List
There’s not a huge amount happening tomorrow, just Europa League and the highlight clash is Tottenham v Gent. The weekend is going to be pretty crazy though, so take your rest day.
The promo for the first episode of this year’s documentary series The Toughest Trade has landed, featuring Michael Murphy and Shane Williams. And it looks pretty good!
Source: AIB Bank/YouTube
The42 is on Instagram! Tap the button below on your phone to follow us!