PWTorch editor Wade Keller presents a special Thursday Flagship edition of the Wade Keller Pro Wrestling Podcast featuring a WrestleMania 36 Preview with ex-WWE Creative Team member and professional stand-up comedian Matt McCarthy.
(Search “wade keller” to subscribe in podcast app or CLICK HERE to subscribe in Apple Podcasts.)
By James Caldwell, PWTorch assistant editor
WWE has released details on how the Draft will play out Tuesday night during the first live Tuesday Night Smackdown.
Raw will have the first overall pick. During the Draft, Raw will get three picks for every two picks for Smackdown because of the three-hour and two-hour show formats, respectively.
A big item is that six Draft picks will be made from the NXT roster.
Regarding tag teams, each tag team counts as one pick, unless the Raw/Smackdown authority figures specifically pick out one member of a team.
This especially relates to The Wyatts, who are listed as individual wrestlers, not a tag team. Whereas, WWE tag champions New Day, Social Outcasts, and several other teams are listed as a tag team unit that can be drafted as a whole team, or broken up as individuals. But, apparently The Wyatts cannot be drafted as a whole unit.
Other big items on the list of eligible roster members include:
– Part-timers: Brock Lesnar is eligible to be drafted, but The Rock, Triple H, and The Undertaker are not eligible to be drafted.
– Injured stars: Randy Orton is eligible to be drafted since he’s returning at Battleground and Summerslam. However, Luke Harper, Emma, Tamina, Brie Bella (retired), and Nikki Bella are not listed as eligible draft picks.
Neville, who returned to WWE action in a dark match at last Tuesday’s Smackdown and on this weekend’s house show tour, is listed as an eligible draft pick.
– Lana and Maryse are not listed as individual women’s division picks. They are package deals with Rusev and Miz, respectively. Bob Backlund is also a package deal with Darren Young.
– Roman Reigns is listed as an eligible draft pick while suspended.
– Ryback is not listed as an eligible roster member despite still being on WWE’s official roster page.
– Tyson Kidd, whose career might be over, is still listed on WWE’s roster, but he is not eligible to be drafted.
Eligible Male Roster Members
Alberto Del Rio
Braun Strowman (Wyatt Family member listed individually)
Bray Wyatt (Wyatt Family member listed individually)
Darren Young (w/Bob Backlund)
Dean Ambrose (WWE champion)
Erick Rowan (Wyatt Family member listed individually)
Kalisto (Lucha Dragon listed individually)
Rusev (w/Lana) (U.S. champion)
Sin Cara (Lucha Dragon listed individually)
The Miz (w/Maryse) – IC champion
Eligible Tag Teams
Breezango (Fandango & Tyler Breeze)
Enzo and Cass (Enzo Amore & Big Cass)
Golden Truth (Goldust & R-Truth)
Shining Stars (Epico & Primo)
Social Outcasts (Bo Dallas & Curtis Axel & Heath Slater)
The Ascension (Konnor & Viktor)
The Club (Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson)
The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray & D-Von Dudley)
The New Day (Big E. & Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods) (WWE tag champions)
The Usos (Jey & Jimmy Uso)
The Vaudevillains (Aiden English & Simon Gotch)
Eligible Women’s Division
Charlotte – Women’s champion