In another update on their official website, WWE has issued an additional statement regarding the chaotic travel issues that their Superstars and employees endured on their trip back from Saudi Arabia to the United States following this week’s WWE Crown Jewel pay-per-view in Riyadh.
WWE.com released the following statement early Saturday evening:
Updates on WWE roster delay returning from Saudi Arabia
Click Here: crusaders rugby jerseys
The WWE roster returned to the United States on Saturday from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, after being delayed on their journey following the record-breaking WWE Crown Jewel event.
Superstars took to Twitter to share their gratitude for being back home.
More than 175 Superstars, production crew and employees boarded a 747 charter flight back to the United States on Thursday. After the door closed, due to several aircraft problems including mechanical issues, all passengers sat on the tarmac for more than six hours.
With SmackDown emanating live from Buffalo, N.Y., several Superstars felt so strongly that they arranged for their own separate charter in order to make it back to the U.S. for the show. Due to unforeseen issues, that charter did not land until after the live broadcast on FOX.
“Man, (you) see and do a lot of wild things with WWE. This travel day is no exception,” SmackDown Superstar Kofi Kingston said Friday. “Tried our best to get to Buffalo tonight, unfortunately got out of our control but the show must go on!”
The remainder of WWE’s Superstars, staff and crew departed on a charter set to depart Saudi Arabia on Friday.
The situation gave way to a shocking edition of SmackDown, with NXT Superstars, such as NXT Champion Adam Cole, NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler, Tommaso Ciampa, Keith Lee, Matt Riddle and others invading and making their presence felt as Triple H declared war.
The following statement was issued by Atlas Air, the operator of the charter flight.
“A chartered passenger flight operated by Atlas Air is currently delayed in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia due to a mechanical issue. The flight was scheduled to depart at 3:00 AM AST on Nov. 1. Our top priority is always to ensure our passengers arrive safely and on time at their destination. The aircraft is being repaired and will be inspected and certified before returning to service to transport our passengers to their final destination. We regret that operational disruptions delayed the flight and apologize to our passengers who were inconvenienced.”
- PHOTOS: WWE’s Newest Sexy Signee — Check Out Latest Addition To NXT Roster (WOW …)
WWE & AEW News and Rumors* The Rock Reveals UFC Movie & BMF Title For Masvidal-Diaz Fight At UFC 244 (Videos & Photos)
* Cain Velasquez Injury Forces Huge Change At Crown Jewel, WWE Off MMA Stars Bandwagon Already
* Tyson Fury vs. Brock Lesnar A Possibility For Future WWE Dream Match?
* Backstage News On Plans For Rey Mysterio’s Son To Be In Featured WrestleMania 36 Match
* Update On WWE Stars Nightmare Travel Issues Coming Out Of Saudi Arabia After Crown Jewel
* Special Unseen Photos Of Historic First-Ever Women’s WWE Match In Saudi Arabian History
* Eric Bischoff Reveals Conversation With Vince McMahon About Latest WWE Release
* Big Plans For RAW vs. SmackDown vs. NXT Theme At WWE Survivor Series 2019
* Pissed Off NXT Star Reveals Personal WWE Company Emails On Twitter (Photo)
* VIDEO: Carmella Falls On Her Face While Preparing Rap & Entering Recording Booth (HILARIOUS!)
* Bobby Lashley Claims Fans Have Sent “Vulgar Death Threats” Due To WWE Storyline With Lana
* WATCH: Hulk Hogan & Drunk Fan In Heated Argument Caught On Tape (Video)
* VIDEO: Hulk Hogan Explains Full Story Behind Wild Argument With Drunk Fan
* Becky Lynch Shoots On AEW, Gives JR Message To Deliver To Their Locker Room
* “Sorry Rusev” Photoshoot Featuring Lana & Bobby Lashley (Photos)
* Check Out Sexy Pics Of WWE NXT’s Newest Superstar (Photos)
* Update On IMPACT Wrestling Stars Getting “Significant Pay Raises”
* Update: Shane McMahon Taking Break From WWE Right Now
* “TNA” Brand Returning For Special 1 Night IMPACT Wrestling Show?
* WWE Planning Special “Dream Match” For Return Of D-Generation X In 2020?
Rajah.com Social Media Interaction* Follow Rajah head writer Matt Boone on Twitter @MattBoone1984
* Follow the official Rajah account on Twitter @Rajah_News
* Follow Rajah owner Rajah Kumar on Twitter @RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Instagram account at Instagram.com/RajahNews
* Follow the official Rajah Facebook page at Facebook.com/RajahWWF
* Join the official Rajah Forums by signing up at Forums.Rajah.com
* Chat with other fans about this article in the official Rajah Disqus feed below, or at Disqus.com/home/forums/rajahcom